BioStore prides itself in being the most flexible and compatible Identity Management system for print & copy control on the market.
Jump to: Benefits & Features
The BioStore solution is fully compatible with a ‘follow-me’ print process, where users submit print jobs to a virtual queue and can then retrieve those jobs from any authorised device, by confirming their identity using the card or biometric reader, or typing a PIN.
Integration to all major print copy management systems and manufacturers’ MFD printers provides a one-stop shop for identity, and with a BioStore IDPoint attached to each printer, offers flexible options for finger biometric, Mifare or RFID and PIN for strong authentication.
Fully compatible with a pull-printing process, it allows users to submit print jobs to any device by confirming their identity using a card, biometric reader, or by typing in a PIN.
- Enhanced security – biometrics ensure users are identified before documents are produced
- Easy and convenient to use ensuring the efficiency of printing and copying
- Control access levels within your organisation
- Reduce total document production through various levels of control helping save costs and reducing environmental impact
With over 3000 organisations already using BioStore Identity Management, our solutions have been shown to be quick, reliable and robust.
Manage costs, users and printing with a BioStore IDPoint
A BioStore IDPoint terminal, with embedded card and biometric reader, is attached to a multi-function printer (MFP) and connected to BioStore’s IDManager via the network. This provides the organisation with full control over the print & copy features and functions available to the user.
The identification method to be used by each person for a particular application is set in BioStore’s IDManager console. The user can then identify themselves at the IDPoint using their secure authentication method, where credentials are confirmed by BioStore’s IDManager to automatically log them into the appropriate MFP.
Any jobs that the user has submitted are then available to print or delete, as well as being able to copy or scan according to the permissions they have been granted. Large jobs can also be re-routed to Reprographics, as well as deleting any uncollected jobs after 24 hours.
- Documents are not produced until the document owner collects them. Use of biometrics adds a further level of security ensuring that users are positively identified and are not using someone else’s card or PIN.
Cost Saving & Environmental Benefit
- Employing various levels of control can reduce total document production by a significant percentage, making the service both cheaper and more environmentally friendly.
- Dictate what is allowed or disallowed, such as enforcing mono and duplex printing for groups of users, allocating printer ‘credits’ or balances and ‘costs per copy’.
Flexibility & Efficiency
- The solution makes it easy and convenient for the majority of printing and copying to make use of highly efficient MFPs.
BioStore has developed integration with market-leading printer manufacturers and with a number of respected print management products, giving our customers a wide range of solutions to choose from.
BioStore are a UK owned and run business, and since 2005 have been amongst the leading suppliers of IT solutions developing identity management technologies. Providing high quality, secure systems for schools and businesses, BioStore’s solutions make it easy to manage the various software applications in use through one secure central user database.